If you noticed that there is no sounding coming from your console, the problem might not be from the console. Rather, the problem comes from the cable used in reaching out to the audio ports on the console. If your Xbox One has no sound, check or replace the HDMI OR optical audio cable and try again.
Meanwhile, I will show you how you can fix the issue in this article and also how you can avoid related issues like this.
Xbox One says HDMI not connected no sound
- Double-check the cords responsible for the sound. This may include the HDMI and optical audio cable.
- Clean the port, if you have spare cords, replace them too.
- Try doing a soft reset, and you can do that by restarting the console
- Check audio settings and how your device is connected
If you have a wrong connection, you may encounter some issues such as this one. Try keeping the connection as simple as possible to see if it works. A good thumb of setting up your home theater with your XBOX is keeping things as simple as possible, and in this case a simple way is using HDMI to plug your set-top box directly into your Xbox One, and your Xbox One directly into your TV.
Why is my Xbox not putting out sound?
If your connection is right, then you might try checking out the audio setting of your Xbox, having a good audio setup on your Xbox gives you the best audio performance. Follow the procedure below to achieve this.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.
- Under Speaker audio, select either HDMI audio or Optical audio, depending on how your device is connected.
- Choose the correct audio format for your home theater, either 5.1 uncompressed or 7.1 uncompressed. If you’re not sure, select Stereo uncompressed.
Why isn’t my Xbox HDMI connecting to my TV?
If you are having problems with connecting your HDMI to your Tv quickly, do this.
- Double check both ends of the HDMI cable to see if they are well connected
- Check if the HDMI cable is well connected to the correct TV Input signal
- Check the HDMI cable connection to your TV is secure.
- Restart the console, hold down the power button for 10 seconds till it goes off, then give it some minutes before turning it up again
How do I unmute my Xbox One console?
If you noticed a mute icon on your Xbox, then do this:
- Press the button with Xbox logo on the controller
- Select the gear icon and then navigate to the menu > audio
- You can Toggle the audio off and on
Why does my game have no sound?
Your volume may be low, try increasing the volume, and also turn off your music player. Try plugging and unplugging your headphone. Check the HDMI cable and also audio cables too.
How do you do a hard reset on the Xbox One?
- Press and hold the Xbox (power) button on your console for 10 seconds until it turns off.
- Unplug the system and wait at least 10 seconds.
- Plug it back in and press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
How do I change my TV from HDMI to DVI?
- Connect the DVI end of the DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable to the DVI output connector on the Xbox.
- Connect the HDMI end of the DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable to the HDMI input connector on the back of the TV/Display. Connect an audio cable (purchased separately).
What HDMI port should I use for Xbox one?
Make use of the HDMI 1.4 PORT. Note that the input on the Xbox console is an HDMI 1.4 PORT and can’t carry the 4k signal. If you are looking for a better HDMI port for gaming, then go for the HDMI 2.0 PORT. This one will handle 4k video at 60Hz.
What audio setting should my Xbox be on?
Keep it at the stereo uncompressed. Unless your cable is plugged into a receiver that can handle the 5.1 & 7.1 uncompressed signals if your receiver works well with these formats, choose whatever option is best for your system.
How do I get my Xbox One to play sound through my headphones?
For sure, you can connect to your Xbox One to play sound through your headphone. The procedure below shows how to do so:
- Open your Xbox Dashboard
- Go to setting menu
- Select Display and sound
- Find the Volume option
- You’ll see several settings that will permit you to channel game audio through your headset, speaker, or both
Can Xbox One connect to Bluetooth speakers?
Note, The Xbox One console does not feature Bluetooth functionality. You won’t be able to connect your headset to the console using Bluetooth, but you can try the following.
How do I connect my Bluetooth headset to my Xbox One?
What if your Xbox can connect using Bluetooth, but you don’t know how to set it up yourself? The step below will guide you.
- Turn your headphones into ‘pairing mode’.
- Turn your console on by pressing the console’s power button.
- Locate the Pairing Button on your console
- Enable pairing by pressing on the Pairing Button on your console until its LED light blinks.