I have two Instagram accounts, but anytime I switch to the first one, I keep seeing a pop-up alert saying the post feed couldn’t refresh; I have tried everything possible, still, nothing happen, I know the problem is not coming from my data connection since I can also switch to my second account and it works perfectly fine.
I’ll show you how you can fix your Instagram account, the reason these occurred is mainly because of bad comments or posts. Instagram is pretty sensitive with comments, if you comment abuse their policy you may encounter these issues. You’ll see other causes of these as you read on.
Before we jump into resolving the issue, let’s know what causes this issue. This issue is also on iPhones too. it is quite annoying because you won’t be able to do anything and you can’t comment or see other’s posts
Why Instagram couldn’t refresh feed on one account?
Slow Internet connection: Slow network connection can also cause these too, sometimes when we have a poor connection, Instagram feeds will not load, and since the feed request wasn’t successful because of bad internet, Instagram just pops up that little alert to give you a good user experience and also let you know what caused the issue. Check if your mobile phone is connected to the internet and also check if your internet is not poor.
The Instagram application is outdated: Sometimes old version applications may have something to do with this, we know when an application is outdated it malfunctions. If your application is outdated, you may face this same issue. You may need to update your app and try again.
Instagram cache is full: You may not know what cache is but a simple explanation of what cache is that a cache store thing temporary on your device somewhere where Instagram can easily access it, but once Instagram is done with it, it just leaves it, these stored memory does not contain any of you personal information, and a cache memory has limit once it gets full your app will need to store thing but then can’t and these may lead to some poor functionalities.
Instagram Server is down: this is rare and there’s nothing you can do when it happens because it’s a general issue, and you just have to wait till Instagram server comes back online. On the other hand, before you make sure you check other accounts or visit downdetector to see if anything is wrong with Instagram.
Date and Time not correct: Instagram will notice if the date and time of your mobile phone are not correct with the real one and once Instagram notices it will start showing couldn’t refresh the feed. Just like WhatsApp, go to your setting and correct your time.
Violate Instagram policy: As I mentioned earlier, Instagram is quite sensitive with the comments you throw there, if your comment violates their policy they will have to warn you, and that’s where the pop-up comes from. if you want to get rid of these, I’ll walk you through steps you can use to stop the pop-up.
Instagram couldn’t refresh feed on one account
Try refreshing your Instagram page, by just pulling down from the top, I know you must have down that many times I don’t think it will work except you are trying to fetch more recent posts.
- Switch off & on the network connection: Most time your network may have issues and all you just need to do is to switch off your network connection and turn it on. Sometimes you just need to toggle your network type from 3G to 4G, you may have poor network coverage. After that go back and check if it’s working.
- Restart your mobile phone
- Log out of Instagram app and log in again: This will work if the issue was because of a violation and maybe because of some other reason, just log out and log in back, if there was a violation on your account, you’ll receive a pop up immediately you log in and you just have to continue with your account.
- To log out from Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app and from the home feed, tap the small profile picture to go to the profile
- Tap the three-line icon (hamburger icon)
- Tap setting
- Tap log out
- Login to Instagram app again, and see if it is error-free.
- Update or reinstall your application: This may work, but sometimes it will not work, just like the way you update other applications from play store/apple store, visit the store and update your Instagram application. reinstalling your application may work but it is best you update, if an update doesn’t work then you can remove the application.
- Try Instagram on PC: I saw a post on Quora someone said he would try using his Pc log into the application and then he saw a pop up warning him about the comment he made on someone’s post but after accepting not to make an abusive comment, he got access to his account. This is more like logging out on your mobile phone.
How to report this to Instagram?
If you see none of the above methods work, you can report the problem to Instagram by following the below instruction.
- Open the Instagram app and log in to your account by entering the username and password
- Go to your profile by tapping the profile picture on the right corner of your Instagram feed
- Tap the three-line icon on the top right
- Tap setting
- Tap help and choose the “Something isn’t working” item
- Write your report and submit
Hope this article was helpful, let me know your opinion below in the comment section below.