Have ever imagined or has it come across your mind that there is a way you can restore deleted text messages on your android phone. That’s exactly what we will be talking about today.
So why do you think you have to restore deleted text messages? Yes, it is possible and very okay to think so, we all make mistakes, and at some point, we just get frustrated and do things that we don’t want to do.
Assuming after reading the message sent to you, it is bad news, so you deleted it out of anger, or, it is an old message so while clearing up some space; you wiped it away.
For any reason, I made this article for you. Check out how you can Recover Deleted Text Messages On Android. Before we jump right into this topic, let’s talk about this a little and get more information about this.
Check out: How to reply unknown person on WhatsApp
The earlier you make moves the better, when you delete a message or data from your phone, it moves to a hidden part on the disk the data will be marked as “unused data” but your file can be restored at this point unless they are being overwritten by another data. Once your data is overwritten there’s nothing you can do about that.
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages On Android
There are a few things to follow for successful recovery of messages:
- Immediately stop accessing your phone after data loss happens
- Turn off mobile data or Wi-Fi from phone to avoid downloading or creating new files from the internet
- You can also check out third-party software that can get that done for you. kind of recovery tool.
For now, let’s talk about the manual ways you can recover your messages back, this guide may contain several steps to follow.
Manual Ways To Recover Lost Text Messages On Android
There are certain few methods to use in recovering your lost text messages back, note that this depends on how much important these messages are to you. if they are not worth the stress, make sure you let go of them.
Firstly, check out the method we’ll dig into:
- Get Back Disappeared Texts On Android Via Google Backup
- Ask Sender Or Receiver For Texts Messages
- Contact Your Carrier For Deleted Text Messages
Get Back Disappeared Texts On Android Via Google Backup
Google drive got you cover, if you’ve synced your device and message to google drive for back up then you can follow up on these steps. this can also work on WhatsApp too
- First, open Google Drive on your phone
- After that, click on three lines button to open the Menu
- Now, select “Backup”
- Here you should check if it back your data up
Log into your drive using the same google account that your phone messaging app was synced into.
- First, sign in to Google account on another device
- While setting up, tap on “Restore” when it pop-ups and asks you whether you want to restore Android backup
- Once the entire process is finished, check your text messages folder
Ask Sender Or Receiver For Texts Messages
Unfortunately, go through this route since your mobile phone data are not being backed up by google drive. Meet the person, whose message you want to recover, tell them to forward back old messages, this can also work on WhatsApp too.
They may charge the sender more fee for these messages to be sent especially if it’s multiple messages, you can make it easy if they send a screenshot for you.
Contact Your Service provider For Deleted Text Messages
Some messages are being sent by strangers from unknown numbers, and most of these numbers are only meant for messages, you can’t reach through calls.
Go to your service provider center and talk to customer care for help, explain the issues you’re currently having, it may not restore the message to your phone, but your service provider has a way of sending the message back to you.
These 3 tips may not work for you but you can still take a helpful tip, in case anytime thing as this happens you can easily recover them with ease.
How to back up Text Messages On Android for future purpose
Using Google backup service
The best way you can back up your messages is to use google backup, you can sync your device and data to your google account. the process to this will be listed below:
- First, go to Settings and search for Google (services & preferences)
- Then click on it and move down to back up
- Here enable Backup to Google Drive. Add an account and then click on Backup Now. This process can take some time according to your data and then your data are backed up safely.
Using SD card
You can also use an SD card for this process by exporting your messages to your SD card.
- Go to the Messaging app on your phone
- After that, click on the particular conversation that you wish to backup
- Then press the menu key on the screen
- Now go back to Settings and look for Import/Export option
- And then click on Export to SD card
This step is quite okay, but eventually, if you misplace your sd card, or the SD card got broken then you’ll lose all your data.
For the next method, there are lots of messaging recovery apps that can do the same thing, all you need is to follow the process, whenever you need a particular conversation restored, go there and retrieve it.
Use SMS Backup and Restore
Visit your play store app and download the SMS backup and restore app, with the help of this app you can easily backup your messages regularly.
Before you can use this app, you must have been backing up your messages which will be stored as a backed-up file in the cloud. So if you have backed up your messages using SMS Backup & Restore then you can use that backup file to restore your text messages.
- After Launching the app tap on Backup
- After this select what you exactly want to do, then tap on Local backup and upload – if you want to send your backup to Google Drive, Dropbox, or an email address.
- Now to restore SMS messages from the backup, tap on Restore from the home screen of the app, and then from the Restore Backup page tap on the backup name in the list to restore it – if it is stored locally.
- If your backup is stored on the cloud, then tap on the menu (3 dots) located at the top right, then load from and select the cloud service on which you have stored your SMS backup.
- There are features like shedule backup and the rest, check them out.
Helpful topic: How to Retrieve Blocked Text Messages & WhatsApp on Android
I know I have shown you How to Recover Deleted Text Messages On Android and If you have problems with recovering your deleted messages make sure you comment below and we will be willing to give you a tip related to today’s article.