For some reason, you want to deactivate or delete your Snapchat account and you don’t want to share or keep your data with them anymore, well, for any reason you want to delete your Snapchat account this tutorial will guide you through.
Snapchat is an American multimedia instant messaging app and service developed by Snap Inc., originally Snapchat Inc. One of the principal features of Snapchat is that pictures and messages are usually only available for a short time before they become inaccessible to their recipients. [Wikipedia]
Former employees reported that severally employees access users’ data for self reasons and other reports, if you are leaving Snapchat due to insecurities then you should do that.
How to permanently delete Snapchat account on PC
- Click on My Account and Security.
- Click Account Security, Delete My Account, and Accounts Portal.
- Enter your account details to log in
- Enter your username and password, then press Continue.
Just like other social media, you have 30days to recover your account before it’s permanently gone, To do so, just log back into the Snapchat app with your username and password within these 30 days. You have to be patient as it sometimes takes up to 24 hours to reactivate an account.
You can also delete your snap chat account on your android or iPhone device and this is the step to that.
How to delete Snapchat account on your iPhone or Android
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Tap your avatar on the top left corner.
- Tap the gear icon on the top right corner.
- Scroll down to the Support heading and press I Need Help.
- You’ll now be taken to Snapchat’s support page. There’s a search bar at the top of the page. Type in ‘Delete’ and select the first option that appears, it should be Delete my account. Press it.
- Tap the Accounts Portal link in the text and follow.
- Now you are about to delete your account, note that after deletion, you can still log into your account for 30days, after 30 days your account will permanently delete
- Confirm by login in your credential then click on the delete button.
Note: Once you delete your Account you’ll loose all your videos, pictures, be careful and make the right choice,
How to deactivate snapchat account
If you mean to deactivate your account for temporary reasons then it’s just the same as deleting it, when you delete your snap chat account for the first time you are given 30days from deletion request to activate unless you want your account gone forever.
So to deactivate your account make sure you for the above step, while deactivating your Snapchat account make your you remember to reactivate it before the deletion date.
How to reactivate your Snapchat account
Want to reactivate your account? It’s easy! Just log back into the Snapchat app with your username within 30 days of deactivating your account.
While your account is deactivated, you can only log in with your username and password. You can’t log in with your email address and you can’t change your password.
Please Note: It can sometimes take 24 hours before a deactivated account can be reactivated.
You can check out this post: How to delete TikTok Account
Wrapping things up
You have successfully deleted your account, you can only access it before 30 days runs out. We also have some tutorials on how you can delete your Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.