Do you want to learn how to change Windows 10 Administrator name? I was into this situation sometime last year when I got a computer from a friend, since he was the one using it before I purchased it from him, I had to tell him to remove the password and administrator name but he finds it so difficult to remove the admin name on the PC.
I overlooked it, I was too nervous to use the PC, after some weeks with the PC, I kept having sad feelings whenever I boot the computer to the sign-in screen, the PC boots with my friend’s nickname on it, so I decided to search on how to change the Admin name myself.
Today am going to share with you the easiest way you can change any Windows 10 Admin’s name, so stay on this article why I guide you on how you can also do it yourself.
You don’t need to be a computer wizard, it’s just a simple setup, since the guide will be self-explanatory since it includes images, you don’t need the help of anyone to get the job done.
Let’s jump in straight on How to Change Windows 10 Administrator name, we will be doing this in three different methods, the first will be logging into your Microsoft account while the other methods, we will be doing it on the advance control panel and control panel.
Change Windows 10 Administrator name via Microsoft Account
Do you have a Microsoft account? if your administrator name is linked to your Microsoft account then you can change the admin’s name by following the step below.
Firstly, you have to go to your system settings >> Click Account >> your info >> click on Manage my Microsoft Account option >> This will take you to Microsoft’s website, where you can edit your profile.
Restart the PC after the process to fully apply changes, you will see your new username on the sign-in screen after you restart.
Here is a practical example of how you can do this, follow this guide carefully.
- Open the start Menu: Hope you can do this? look at your keyboard, there’s a key with a window like logo at the left-last row, click or it or you can do this with your mouse by clicking on the window logo at the left corner of the screen.
- Select setting: Once you click on the start menu, you should see a pop up menu from the image below look at that gear logo at the bottom left side of the pop up menu, click on it, there should be a drop down and click on Settings
- Click on Accounts
- Next, click on Your info. You can find this option in the left sidebar.
- Click on Manage my Microsoft Account: This should take you to the microsoft page
- Then click More actions
- Next, click Edit profile from the drop-down menu.
- click Edit name under your current account name.
- You can change your Firstname and lastname.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Save and Restart the computer.
Hope this method was smooth, and you have successfully changed your names on your Microsoft account, the next method as promised will be on the Control panel
Change Windows 10 Administrator name via advance Control panel
This should not be difficult for you if you follow the steps gradually. You can also Change Windows 10 Administrator name via Advance Control panel, pretty easy.
- Hold on the window key and tap key R, do this simultaneously and you should see a Run command Tool.
- Type netplwiz in the Run command Tool.
- You should see multiple account, select the one you will like to edit and then click properties.
- Type a new username in the box under the General tab.
- Click ok, click ok again on the user account panel.
You have successfully changed your username, but if you want to change the name of a local account you can do that on your control panel, just like this;
Change Windows 10 Administrator Name via Control Panel
Head-up: The following step below are not for those whose Admin’s name is linked to Microsoft account.
Head up straight to your control panel, click on the start menu >> Search or type control panel >> click open.
Just like this in the image below:
- Click on Change account type under User Accounts.
- Select the user Account you will like to change just like the second method.
- Click on Change the account name; you can find this at the side menu.
- You can change the name and click on change name.
Wrapping things up
Hope you have learned the various ways you can change an administrator’s name on windows 10, if you followed the step carefully with the above image as an illustrator, you should be able to do it yourself without any issues, but if you still find any difficulties, don’t hesitate to comment below.
If you want more helpful articles like this, make sure you also share with us some other problems your PC may be undergoing and we will be grateful to help you out.