If you’re using Siri for the first time in your car and you seem to face difficulties, this article will guide you through the whole setup. You’ve been using Siri but suddenly it stopped working, I will show you how you can fix it and Siri to work.
Using car play or Siri eyes-free, you can stay focused while driving and let Siri do other jobs for you like taking calls, sending messages, playing music directly from your iPhone, and can as well access other cool features like road directions.
Since CarPlay allows iOS devices, you can easily set them up. CarPlay allows you to take the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and puts them on your car’s built-in display.
As simple as that, since CarPlay uses Siri you can control the device using your voice just like the way you talk to Siri.
This same application works for Siri Eyes Free, with Siri Eyes Free you can listen to music, and do things just like the way you’ll use CarPlay and you don’t need to look or touch anything, you can make use of your voice to communicate with Siri.
Using your iPhone you can connect to the device using Bluetooth as recommended, and since you’re using Bluetooth all you need to do is, turn on your Bluetooth once you’re in your car then hold the voice command button on your steering wheel until you hear the Siri tone, once activated, viola, you can now make a request.
Siri not working while driving
When we face issues like this, all we need to do is check some possibilities why Siri is no longer responding, I’ll be listing out a few things we can do to get Siri back to work.
- Check your network connectivity
- Siri may not respond verbally if your device is muted or voice feedback turned off. While you are on siri, screen try turning up the volume of your device.
- If nothing happens, know that sometimes Siri may have some little glitches, you just have to restart your device.
- By default, Siri won’t respond when your device is face down or covered unless you go to Settings > Accessibility > Siri and turn on Always Listen for “Hey Siri.”
Have you configured your CarPlay to work with Siri, if you’re not then there’s no way you could communicate with Siri to do those things you want.
Where do I find CarPlay on my iPhone?
On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars. Choose your vehicle. You can use the wireless connection using Bluetooth or using a USB cord.
- Connect your iPhone to your car:
- If your car supports CarPlay via a USB cable, plug in your iPhone using the USB port in your car. The USB port may be labelled with a CarPlay icon or a smartphone icon. Make sure that you use an Apple Lightning to USB cable.
- If your car supports CarPlay both wirelessly and with a USB cable, plug in your iPhone to the car’s USB port. You’ll receive an alert on your iPhone asking if you want to connect wirelessly during your next drives.
- If your car only supports wireless CarPlay, press and hold the voice command button on your steering wheel. Make sure your stereo is in wireless or Bluetooth mode.
- Then on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay and select your car. Check your car’s manual for more information.
Once you’ve successfully connected your iPhone to Siri, you can now start by asking Siri whatever you want like “Hey Siri play music”.
Does iPhone have to be plugged in for CarPlay?
Not really, you can connect to car play manually as far as your vehicle supports wireless connection, you can still connect to your CarPlay manually.
Connecting to your car play manually using a wired connection works faster and easier, you may no longer face the whole issue you are facing right now while trying to connect.
How do I make Siri work while driving?
Use wired connection: One of the easiest ways to connect with your CarPlay and get rid of this issue is to disconnect your Bluetooth and connect manually using an Apple USB cord.
Disable and Re-Enable Siri: If Siri is not answering, Disable and re-enable Siri, and the way to do that is:
- Go to Settings and tap Siri & Search.
- Turn off Press Side Button for Siri > Turn Off Siri.
- Next, turn off Allow Siri When Locked and Listen for “Hey Siri”.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Go to Settings > Siri & Search and enable, Press Side Button for Siri > Enable Siri.
- Also, enable Allow Siri When Locked.
- Finally, turn on Listen for “Hey Siri” and complete its setup.
Reset all your iPhone settings: When you reset all your iPhone settings you don’t lose any data, you only set back the phone to the original/default state like Wi-Fi, VPN, Data connection, and the rest.
- Open Settings and tap General.
- Tap Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset All Settings.
- After you’re done resetting your iPhone, Go to Settings > Siri & Search and make sure listen for “Hey Siri” is turned on. After this, you should be able to call and use Siri hands-free again.
Update Your iPhone: We often face some issues that recommend updating our iPhone because of some software bug, all you have to do is update your iPhone if there’s any.
With all these said, I know you can now use Siri while driving, if you’re facing any other issue make sure you comment below, and I’ll be there to give you a quick reply.