Every Apple has what is called an Apple ID. The Apple ID identifies you as the original owner of the PC, and with that, you can sync with the other of your Apple device, make purchases, and more. You decide to sell off your PC or give it out to someone. It is much advisable to wipe out your identity before giving it out to another user, even after deleting some important files and folders, you still need to wipe the system completely. That leaves us with the question of How do I delete my Apple ID from my MacBook Pro?
I will show how you can erase every tiny detail of yourself from your Mac before giving it to another user.
READ MORE: MacBook camera not working
What happens when you delete Apple ID?
You will be restricted to do the normal things you could do before deleting your Apple ID and such things are difficult using iCloud, FaceTime, Messages, Find My Apple Pay, signing in with Apple, and one annoying part is each time you boot your PC you have to log in. You can also change your Apple ID by losing no data.
How long does it take to delete an Apple ID?
Depending, it takes up to 7 days. During this 7 days waiting process, make sure you sign out your account from any existing device. Apple takes this long because they are working on deleting your account on the website and in email.
Note: Deleting your Apple ID will also delete any date stored in your iCloud account and revoke your access to apple services
How do I change the Apple ID associated with my Mac
The same Apple ID associated with your Mac is the same as the one you use on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. To change the Apple ID, sign out of iCloud and then log back in again. This will prompt you to sign in with a different.
READ MORE: MacBook speaker not working
How do I change the email for my Apple ID?
You may decide not to delete your Apple ID, rather you’d want to change the email for your Apple ID. The following step below shows you how you can simply do that.
- Open appleid.app.com on your web browser.
- Log in and select Edit in the top corner
- Next, under your Apple ID email, click Change Apple ID Email.
- Enter the new email you want to use for your Apple ID
- Read and follow other simple procedures
- Click continue
How do I remove old email address from Apple ID?
What if you choose to delete an additional email address associated with your Apple ID.
- Sign in to the appleid.apple.com on your web browser
- Select Personal Information, then select Reachable At.
- Click the remove button next to the Address to delete any of your additional email addresses
How do I remove my old Apple ID password?
If you want to change the Old Apple password, you can do so by following the steps below:
- Open the site on your browser and enter your email address associated with your Apple ID
- Click on Get Started. They will ask you to enter your current Apple ID password and answer a security question.
- Enter a new password, confirm it, and click continue.
How do I remove previous owner’s Apple ID from an iPad/iPhone?
Situations like this are when the original owner of the device forgot to remove their Apple ID which contains their information, you may need the owner’s attention before doing this, the reason is that you need to sign in to the person’s iCloud using their Apple ID.
Follow this instruction below:
- Sign in to iCloud with their Apple ID.
- Go to Find My iPhone
- Click All the Devices at the top of the screen
- Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud
- Click Erase [device]
- Click Remove from Account.
How do I delete my Apple ID from my MacBook pro
Before you fully erase the old one make sure you always BACK UP, very important, you’ll lose all your data in this process, if you don’t back up your content, it will be hard to restore them back, or you may never restore them. Since you are deleting the old Apple ID, you’ll also need to create a new one. Following the entire step shows you how to.
- Open the Users & Groups preference pane.
- Click the lock in the lower-left corner and enter the password. (The Account must be set to the administrator to achieve this)
- Click the + to create a new account with a name and password for the new user.
- Check Allow User to Administer This Computer, so the new user has all the superpowers necessary.
- Click Login Options and check the Show fast user switch menu as a pop-up menu box, so you can test logging in to the new user in a later step without logging out of this account first.
- Choose the newly created user from the fast-switching menu in the system menu bar. Enter their password to log in.
- After ensuring that the new account is set up correctly, return to your previous user account via the fast-switching menu and choose > Log Out [account name].
- Return to the new account and open the Users & Groups preference pane and authenticate with the new user account as in step 2.
- Select your old user account and click the – (minus) and follow prompts to remove the account. If you’ve made a backup, you don’t need to archive the account, but can delete it.
- Restart and log into the new account. Check to see if the system prompts for the old Apple ID at any point.
How do you reset a MacBook Pro to factory settings?
- Shut down your PC and disconnect the power adapter
- Hold down the Command (⌘) + Option (⌥) + key P + key R at once
- Release all of them when the Apple logo shows up on the screen.